Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Practice Report

FOOTBALL

The Dawgs (5-6) conducted a two-and-a-half-hour practice in full pads today as they continue to prepare for this Saturday's showdown with instate rival Georgia Tech (6-5) in Sanford Stadium.

"I'm not really sure if today's practice was as good as yesterday," coach Mark Richt said following Tuesday's practice, which featured a steady rain over the final 45 minutes and was the Dawgs second-consecutive day working out in full pads.

CSC_1312After practice, redshirt freshman quarterback Aaron Murray addressed his status for this weekend's game with the media.

"I'm feeling good, real good," Murray said. "I'm good enough to play and ready to go. I haven't had any pain in two days, and I feel great throwing the ball. I still have four more days too. Like I said, I haven't had any paid at all so I think I'm ready to go and ready to play Saturday."

Also on Tuesday morning, it was announced that punter Drew Butler was named an ESPN Academic All-American. Butler becomes just the seventh Dawg in school history to be named both an All-American and an Academic All-American during their Georgia career. He is the first one to accomplish this feat since offensive lineman Jon Stinchcomb in 2002. Butler carries a 3.58 grade point average (GPA) in Telecommunication Arts. This season, he is averaging 45.0 yards on 43 punts as the Dawgs rank third nationally in Net Punting. Last year, Butler was a consensus All-American and the Ray Guy Award winner as the nation’s top punter. He is one of the finalists for the 2010 Ray Guy Award too. Butler owns a career punting average of 46.4 which is on pace to be a school record.

No comments:

Post a Comment