Thursday, July 5, 2012

Burrows To Transfer

FOOTBALL

University of Georgia redshirt sophomore inside linebacker Brandon Burrows has decided to transfer to another institution seeking an opportunity for more playing time according to an announcement Thursday by coach Mark Richt.

“I came out of high school playing the defensive end position in a 4-3 defense which is what I truly love,” said Burrows. “The coaching change here led to a 3-4 defense. I have worked with that transition but decided that I want to get back to playing defensive end. I think another program may give me the best opportunity to succeed at that. I’m eternally gratefully for the opportunity Coach Richt has given me at UGA and for the fact that he gave me an unconditional release. I know I’ll be hard-pressed to find a group of coaches and players that will develop into the leaders and friends that I have known here in Athens.”

A graduate of Walton High School in Marietta, Burrows was redshirted as a freshman in 2010 and missed the 2011 season due to a shoulder injury.

“Brandon is an outstanding person, student-athlete and has a wonderful family,” said Richt. “We’ve enjoyed having him as part of our program and will provide whatever assistance we can in his transition. I am completely understanding of his decision and wish him nothing but the best.”

No comments:

Post a Comment