Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thomas To Transfer

FOOTBALL

DSC_5692Tailback Carlton Thomas has decided to transfer to another school for his senior season according to coach Mark Richt.

"This decision was based solely on the fact that this is my last year to play and my parents and I felt like it was the right move to make,” said Thomas.

“I want to make more of an impact on the field. I didn't want to disrupt Georgia's team and preparation for next season so I made the final decision to leave earlier rather than later in the year. I have learned a lot from the coaches during my time at Georgia and have grown as a man so I appreciate the opportunity that being a Dawg has given me. I connected with the University of Georgia during my time in Athens on a personal level and will never forget the relationships I developed and the life lessons I learned. I know I will take everything I learned over the last several years and try to spread that knowledge wherever life takes me in the future."

“Carlton came to me recently to discuss his thoughts,” said Richt. “I understand his decision and appreciate all the contributions he’s made to our program. We wish him nothing but the very best in continuing his football career.”

A native of Frostproof, Fla., Thomas has played in 27 career games including two starts. His career totals include 159 carries for 725 yards and four touchdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment