Sunday, January 9, 2011

Green To Enter Draft

FOOTBALL

DSC_7363University of Georgia junior wide receiver A.J. Green said Sunday he has decided to pass up his senior season and declare for the NFL draft.

Green, a native of Summerville, South Carolina, played in 32 games over the past three years as a Dawg, starting 27 of them. He recorded 166 receptions for 2,619 yards and 23 touchdowns.

“While it was a difficult decision, it came down to the opportunity of pursuing a dream I’ve had since early childhood,” said Green. “But Georgia is a great place and I’m so appreciative of the opportunity to be a Dawg. I want to thank the coaches, my teammates and the fans who have supported me and helped me grow not only as a player but as a man.”

Green also indicated he has only two semesters of school left to graduate and intends to work on that as well.

DSC_6211“A.J. has made an immeasurable impact on our team over the past three seasons and we wish him nothing but the best,” said coach Mark Richt. “I’ve enjoyed the blessing of working with him and getting to know his family and we wish him all the success in professional football. Once a Dawg always a Dawg.”

On a personal note, there could not be a nicer person to interview than A.J., he was and always will be one of my favorite Dawgs. Thanks for the gloves #8.

No comments:

Post a Comment