Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Malcome To Transfer

FOOTBALL

Georgia redshirt sophomore tailback Ken Malcome has told the coaches he will be transferring to another institution.

“I have made this decision because I think I can get more playing time some place else,” Malcome said. “I have enjoyed my time at Georgia and appreciate the opportunity that Coach Richt and the other coaches have given me here. I look forward to my next challenge.”

Malcome, a 6-0, 226-pound native of Decatur, carried the ball 57 times this season for 274 yards (4.8 avg.) and two touchdowns. He started the 2012 opener and played in 10 games this past season.

Malcome finishes his career at Georgia with 446 yards rushing and two scores to go along with two catches for 23 yards in two seasons.

"We are very appreciative of Ken's contributions to our program and will certainly assist him any way we can in finding a school to continue his career,” said Richt. “We wish him nothing but the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment