Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sturdivant Staying

FOOTBALL

DSC_5656University of Georgia offensive tackle Trinton Sturdivant will remain at UGA for his senior season according to a statement from the Wadesboro, North Carolina, junior on Friday.

“I have decided to stay in school because I love the coaches, I love the facilities and I love Georgia,” said Sturdivant. “I came to Georgia with high aspirations and was a part of a team that immediately won a Sugar Bowl and was ranked No. 2 in the nation at the end of the season.  This last season is not how I wanted to end my career. I want to be part of a team that gets us back on track and plays for a championship.  I also think I can improve my draft status and continue to work on finishing my degree, which has always been important to me and my family.”

“We’re obviously excited with Trinton’s decision,” said coach Mark Richt.  “He’ll be an important part of our team and will also have an opportunity for some individual recognition as well.”

Sturdivant was a starter as a true freshman in 2007 but missed virtually all the 2008 and 2009 seasons with knee injuries.  He came back this past season and worked his way back to a starting role the second half of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment