Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's Just A Matter Of Timing

I was standing in the endzone taking pictures last Saturday in the newly renovated T. Boone Pickens stadium when Oklahoma State lined up near the Dawgs five yard line with Dez Bryant split out wide left. Just to my right was a photographer shooting for Sports Illustrated, he was focused on the OSU quarterback calling signals. I had turned my lens to the right and had a clear shot of Bryant as the ball was snapped, he cut to his right, caught the ball and dove between two Dawg defenders to score.

I took a series of shots and as I looked down at my camera, the SI guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "Thanks, I saw you turn on Bryant and I did the same thing, I got a great shot that I would not have gotten if I had not seen you over there."

As it turned out, that shot has made the cover of this weeks Sports Illustrated and it is almost exactly the same shot that I got, just a slight difference in the angles.





















No comments:

Post a Comment